Saudi Quality Mark is the exclusive property of SASO based on the Registered Trademark registration number 1303/79. This is a mark granted by SASO to be used on products that have demonstrated compliance to Saudi standards, manufactured in a facility that has an effective Management System to ensure continuous conformance to requirements.
Advantages of Getting the Quality Mark
- The Quality Mark is an important means to guide consumers to products that conform to Saudi standards.
- Through the Quality Mark, products gain customers’ satisfaction and trust.
- It increases merchant’s sales.
- It is a way of constructing conventional trade infrastructures that facilitate signing export contracts with other countries.
- It encourages the continuous development and improvement of the product by following modern scientific methods that improve the product
and enhance competitiveness in international markets.
- It qualifies establishments to win local and international quality awards.
- It enhances the reputation and name of establishments locally, regionally and internationally.
- It facilitates the entry of products through customs ports.
- It facilitates the export process of the products carrying it.
- It supports the national economy, increases competitiveness of Saudi products in the local and international markets and increases Saudi exports.
Register an on-line account http://www.jeem.saso.gov.sa
- Submit an official Request to Obtain the License to Use the Saudi Quality Mark
- Submit Required Documents
- Application form
- Industrial License
- Commercial registration of the establishment
- Plant Layout
- Quality Manual
- Organization Chart (organizational structure of the establishment)
- Establishment’s address with the sketch
- Product Test reports complying with the standards
- Catalog of products
- Quality Plan (Quality Control Chart)
- Results of internal monitoring for products during the last three months / results of third party tests, if any
- ISO 22000 certificate (for food and agricultural establishments only)
- Initial Review of Technical Documents
- Initial Audit Fee
- Certification Review
- License to Use the Quality Mark
- Certificate Issuance
Technical experts review all the documents submitted in order to assess completeness and compliance of the product with the requirements.
Auditors visit the factory for initial assessment in order to ensure effective implementation of a Quality Management System and continuous compliance of product with the requirements.
Auditors may collect samples during the audit and subject to internal and/or independent laboratory testing as the need arises
- Applicant will be notified of any findings that need immediate corrective action.
- Issuance of Certificate and License to Use the Saudi Quality Mark The certificate and license have validity period of 3 years.