Halal Certification and UAE Halal National Mark:
Based on its role as Halal Certification Body, Procedure will be performed as following:
- Self- Assessment checklist and application Form shall be submitted by applicant to RACS, submission can be done via RACS affordable communication methods (mail, emails, hard copy, website, E-System)
- Administrative assistant will review it to check documents availability on a primary basis
- A quotation will be sent to applicant by Operations Manager; containing the scope of certification and fees related to each step of the certification process.
- Payment shall be done by applicant.
- Application along with related supportive documents will be received by RACS Conformity Manager who shall assign one of RACS technical team members (Conformity Officer-(Evaluator or Auditor)).
- Upon acceptance of quotation by client, he is requested to Sign the Certification agreement.
- Conformity Officer (Evaluator or Auditor) shall perform conformity assessment (Evaluation) steps related to the certification scheme :
- Detailed documents review for all the documents
- Document review includes the check up for Test Reports parameters and results, done by 3rd party Laboratory according to the specific technical regulations and applicable standards.
- Evaluation of product the eligibility of the Product for certification to assure compliance according to applicable schemes and standards
Note: No of Samples to be selected for testing is defined by the specific technical requirements and as per scheme owner
Note: No of Samples to be selected for testing is defined by the specific technical requirements and as per scheme owner
IMPORTANT: as per scheme requirments, Facility Audit is required for this scope:
- On-Site Audit to the facility where the product is being manufactured to assure the quality management system adopted in full compliance with applicable standards and technical regulations.
- Evaluation Outcome results:
- If evaluation is pending for missing or invalid documents or other needed information to complete evaluation; Additional Supportive Documents will be requested by Applicant.
- Evaluation includes Product Safety Verification through test reports provided on all safety Test parameters requested by applicable scheme/standards, test reports shall be issued by 3rd party accredited Laboratory sub-contracted according to the approved Standards and applicable technical requirements.
- If test reports are not complying with Standards; Conformity Officer/Assessor requests rectification of the non-complying aspects, then based on applicant confirmation of rectification, Collection of samples will be done to conduct the same laboratory tests again and for once.
- Evaluation will be repeated upon applicant re-submission of needed documents/information.
Decision of Certification:
Upon submission of this information, and as per the result of documents review and completing product evaluation process,
- Recommendation of approval of Product certification: Product evaluation shows full compliance with applicable schemes/standards:
- Application is initially approved by Conformity Officer/Assessor
- Recommendation for certification approval will be made by Conformity Manager
- Certification decision will be done by Certification Decision Committee
- Granting the issuance of Certificate of conformity, recognized by ESMA
- Certified Products will be listed in RACS Certified Products registry.
- Recommendation of rejection of Product certification: Product evaluation shows non-compliance with applicable schemes/standards, due to any reason preventing product from Certification:
- Application is declined by Conformity Officer/Assessor
- Recommendation for certification rejection will be made by Conformity Manager
- Rejection decision will be done by Certification Decision Committee
- RACS will inform client by an Official rejection statement (Letter of certification Status) by e-mail stating the reason of rejection.
Please refer to Available on RACS WebsiteàPublic available informationà RACS Notified Body àRequired Docsà
- HALAL-REC05-Legal and Quality Documents List of certification and requirements per UAE HALAL Scheme
- HALAL-REC07-Self-Assessment Checklist-HALAL Cosmetics Personal Care Products
- HALAL-REC08-Self-Assessment Checklist-Slaughtering House
- HALAL-REC01-HALAL Application Form
- HALAL-REC14-Self Assessment Checklist-Halal Products-General
Notes for clients:
- For some scopes where it is required to have a quality system available, clients seeking to be certified for any of their (Products or services or facility/Process) to UAE Schemes and applicable standards through RACS are requested to implement relevant Quality System including documentation in a way to meet all requirements of this standard and all relevant specific standards depending on the nature of service (certified Product& Process).
- In case of a Client newly operating, and seeking to be certified, Client is required to demonstrate more than 3 months compliance against the standard immediately preceding the date of the Pre-Assessment performed by RACS. This will prove the efficacy and sustainability of the implemented system. After which RACS will be contacted to make arrangements for required audits and Certification.
- Client seeking extension or renewal of Certification scope shall as well submit the self- assessment checklist specifying the extension or renewal of the Certification scope.
- Whenever applicable, Additional Certification requirements per Certification schemes: Legal & Quality documents (such as Client Quality Manual) and supportive documents (records and checklists used by applicant), are to be attached to the Self-Assessment Checklist requirements and submitted along with the application as well.
- ECAS with mandatory Audit Visit
- Validity of certificate is Three years with surveillance audits every one year.
- COC should be renewed 6 months prior expiry.
Requirements for Certification:
Requirements varies depending on the scope of certified products; Details of the documents required for certification for the scope of HALAL Product as per ESMA requirements are detailed as following :
- Self-Assessment Checklist & Supportive documents:(Self-assessment checklist aligns all requirements of the specific standard to which client wishes to be certified and which has to be submitted along with the application),as following :
ECAS(Module H/Mandatory Facility Visit )
- Application Form (Online/Manual)
- Valid Industry/Trade License (For Companies within UAE)
- Declaration of Conformity by the applicant on the Product(s) for registration using the applicant’s official letterhead.
- Certificate of export and or authenticated free sales certificate from the country of origin
- Product composition & Ingredients concentration report issued by the manufacturer
- Documented proof of using any of the internationally accepted quality management system,in addition to any of the product safety management system, or good manufacturing practice (GMP) as per UAE.S GSO 22716 or any other GMP approved by ESMA related to the Halal product that globally applicable and acceptab le to the authority.
- Test report from recognized laboratory (accredited ISO 17025) as per the requirement of applicable UAE.S GSO standard of the product.
- Facility Map / Factory Lay out / Farm Map standards for the product.
- Labelart work (Artwork of the product)
- Table of finished/Raw materials
- Copy of halal certificate of ingredients/raw materials or copy of product specificat ion or any other claims
- Brief description of manufacturing process flow chart & plant equipment lay out in the form of a Halal system plan (HSP)
- Certificate of raw materials & packaging materials from the suppliers ensuring their Halal origin
Application for Certification (Application Form):
Application to be filled by the client will contain all the necessary information needed by RACS Quality for conducting the certification Process, such important information are:
- Type of Product to be certified: Product, facility (Process) to identify the related scheme implemented by ESMA.
- Relevant standard/ or normative documents clients is seeking certification for.
- General information: Applicant Business activities & related business facilities & relationship between their facilities, in relevance to the certification scheme applied for information about outsourced Processes relevant to Product conformity.
- Any other information needed related to certification requirements.
By signing the application form, the applicant and the manufacturer agrees to comply with these General Rules and with the Specific Product Standard for the product covered by Registration / CB Certification
- Certification Agreement:
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Fees as detailed in RACS Schedule of Fees (RACS/REC/46)
|1. Farming 1 (Animals)-Category A||Meat and meat products, Poultry and Poultry Products, Egg and egg product, Milk and dairy products, Fish and fish products, Bee Products (Honey and its by products), Animal oils and fats|
|2. Farming 2 (Plants)-Category B||Fruit and vegetables and their products, Cereal and cereal products, Spices; horticultural products, Vegetable oils and fats, Sugar and confectionery products, Spices, Horticultural products, Cereal and cereal products, Spices; horticultural products, Vegetable oils and fats, Sugar and confectionery products, Spices, Horticultural products|
|3. Processing 1 (Perishable animal products) -Category C||Includes all activities after farming, e.g. animal slaughtering houses , poultry, eggs, dairy and fish products|
|4.Processing 2 (Perishable vegetable products)-Category D||Fresh fruits’ fresh juices; preserved fruits; fresh vegetables; preserved vegetables|
|5.Processing 3 (Products with long shelf life at room temperature) -Category E||Canned products; biscuits; snacks; oil; drinking water; beverages; pasta; flour; sugar; salt|
|6.Feed Production(Category F)||Animal feed , Fish Feed|
|7. Chemical and Biochemical manufacturing -Category L||Food Additives (Acids, Anticaking agents, Bulking agents, coloring agents, Emulsifiers, Stabilizers / gelling agents, Thickeners, Flavors, Humectants, Preservatives, Sweeteners, Vitamins, Spices); Dietary supplements; Cleaning agents; Processing aids, Microorganisms, Enzymes, Genetically modified organisms (GMO)|
|8.HALAL COSMETICS (Category N)||Baby Products(Baby Lotions, Oils, Powders, Creams, Baby Shampoos ), Bath Products Bath Products(Bath Oils, Tablets and Salts , Bubble Baths, Bath Capsules), Eye Makeup Products (Eyebrow Pencil ,Eyeliner, Eye Color, Eye Makeup Remover , Mascara ), Facial Makeup Products Facial Makeup Products(Cheek Color , Face Powders , Foundations ,Lip Color ,Concealers , Make up remover), Hair Care Products (Hair Conditioners ,Hair Sprays , Hair Straighteners and Relaxers, Shampoos and Rinses , Tonics and Dressings), Hair Dye and Hair Coloring Products (Hair Dyes and Colors , Hair Tints, Rinses and Shampoos , Hair Bleaches ), Nail Products Nail Products(Cuticle Oils, Creams and Lotions , Nail Polish and Enamel and Removers ,Artificial Nail Extension Products ,Manicure and Pedicure Products), Oral Care Products ( Toothpastes , Mouthwashes and Breath Fresheners), Personal Cleanliness Products (Soap , Antiperspirants and Deodorants ,Douches, Feminine Deodorants ), Shaving Products Shaving Products(Pre-shave Lotions (all types) , Shaving Creams, Shaving Soap ), Face Care Products (Creams, Lotions, Masks , Sprays, Powders), Body Care Products (Creams, Lotions, Masks , Sprays, Powders), Hand Care Products (Creams, Lotions, Masks , Sprays, Powders), Foot Care Products (Creams, Lotions, Masks , Sprays, Powders), Sunscreen and Suntan Products (Sunblock and Sunscreen Gels, Creams, and Liquids , Sunless Tanners ), Hair Removing Products (Wax, Sugar, Creams, Depilatories), Shaving Products Shaving Products(Pre-shave Lotions (all types) , Shaving Creams, Shaving Soap ), Face Care Products (Creams, Lotions, Masks , Sprays, Powders), Body Care Products (Creams, Lotions, Masks , Sprays, Powders), Hand Care Products (Creams, Lotions, Masks , Sprays, Powders), Foot Care Products (Creams, Lotions, Masks , Sprays, Powders), Sunscreen and Suntan Products (Sunblock and Sunscreen Gels, Creams, and Liquids , Sunless Tanners ), Hair Removing Products (Wax, Sugar, Creams, Depilatories)|